BD3-strategies

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Dustin wrote:For example, cave A. The seeds are 10 187 12 173 14 (before you, Logic, fixed it). Obviously they first wanted to take 10 11 12 13 14, but then found out that 11 and 13 are unsolvable (which is indeed true) and changed them. But I wonder why they didn't note that 14 is unsolvable, too, if they did test it??
Interesting indeed. I can only think of one explanation. They drew an initial draft of the cave with the lower wall in place, then playtested and set the random seeds, and finaly added or changed the shape of some walls for some reason without further testing. Much like if someone suddenly decided to take the game in the middle of development to sell it in its alpha stage.

Maybe the bootleg was to blame for a certain pressure to release the game as fast as possible. I'm sure they were aware of the bootleg, as the game even says "official version" on its title screen.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Sounds logical. This must have been the reason. But however, the many bugs make me like this game much fewer than the first two parts...