Boulder Dash on YouTube

Everything about the various Boulder Dash tools, and other stuff created by the fans.

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Boulder Dash on YouTube

Post by Arno »

Some BD related videos I found:

- Boulder Dash Rocks for DS and PSP: this "trailer" starts with some classic BD gameplay.
- 100 C64 games in 10 minutes: great video! :) Also Boulder Dash included.
- Game Review: Boulder Dash
- Boulder Dash VC Trailer
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Just found Let's Play BoulderDash, a funny series of BD1 and 2 longplays, with spoken comments from the player!
cirix

Post by cirix »

Those are really nice! Especially the Let's Play series.
cirix
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Here is another one: click here
MrBlackDX

Post by MrBlackDX »

Hi gents

It's MrBlack, the creator of the Let's Play Boulderdash

Can I first just say that I am honoured you guys have watched and enjoyed my videos. I personally have been a bit critical of them because of the sound quality which can sometimes affect my voice, but thanks anyway!

I grew up with Boulderdash 1, 2 and 4 (Construction Kit) on the Atari 800XL. I've managed to find roms for 1 and 2, and the construction kit side of 4, but unfortunetely not the company created levels which were included in BD4.

Once I find a working rom, I'm gonna get right onto making a Let's Play of it.

In the meantime, if you guys wanted to suggest a BD game or other Atari game you wanted me to LP, I would be more than willing to do so.

I might stick around these forums as well :D

Thanks again!
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Hi Mr. Black!
Welcome to the BD forum, and a great video series too! :D

In terms of more BD games: first of all, I wouldn't recommend BD3 - It's got ugly graphics and is poorly designed. There's a huge selection of BD disk images (Atari and C64) available here.

Also, I may be slightly biased in this sense, but I especially recommend acquiring a C64 emulator (VICE is the most seamless) and trying out any game created by one of the fellow forum members, such as Arno Dash, RTA Dash, Sendy Dash, etc. That way you can get real live help, if necessary. :yesss:

OR, you could download GDash and play games with virtually perfect system emulation on that. Then you could play the impressively unique game, RockFort.

A different Atari game I recommend is MULE - it's a fun colonizing-an-ailen-planet strategy game.

Please stick around :)

(btw, I'm BoulderDasher54 on youtube)
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
MrBlackDX

Post by MrBlackDX »

I've made a video of Arno Dash, with my newly downloaded winVICE.

I'll be uploading it tomorow.

In the mean time, how do you save and load states in winVICE?

It's more so I don't have to keep redoing bits when I'm making videos
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

The confusing bit is that VICE calls them snapshots instead of savestates for some reason. Anyway, just go to 'snapshot' and choose 'save snapshot image'. :)
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Sendy

Post by Sendy »

If you want to play SendyDash, wait a few days when I'll release the much improved final version.

It's amazing how those difficulty spikes were crippling the original, it's much more playable and enjoyable now.

Incidentally it would make my day to see someone Let's Playing anything I've made, but some of my levels may be tricky to the casual BD player, even though they aren't harsh or unfair particularly.
Watcher Kitty is always watching...