Gdash

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

cirix

voodoo bugs

Post by cirix »

Dustin: please send me the .bd file which contains the cave in question! (in msn, or in pm, or the way you like)
cirix
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

One question about voodoos: In default settings, Rockford explodes immediately if a voodoo is directly touched by a firefly. But if a firefly gets killed one unit diagonally away from the voodoo (so that the voodoo vanishes, too), Rockford survives! Can I change the settings so that Rockford always dies if the voodoo does, no matter how exactly the voodoo vanishes?
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Dustin wrote:Can I change the settings so that Rockford always dies if the voodoo does, no matter how exactly the voodoo vanishes?
Disable "can be destroyed by an exposion" and set the time penalty higher than the cave's time.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

OK, this would be possible, of course, but the effect is not the same. The player may wonder why he sometimes runs out of time and sometimes RF explodes suddenly. Perhaps one more checkbox like "Rockford explodes as soon as a voodoo vanishes" would be nice (not necessary, of course).
cirix

Post by cirix »

i will add that checkbox. it is easier to have an option for things like that, rather than remembering and understanding quirks...
cirix
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Thanks, cirix!! :D
cirix

new version

Post by cirix »

hi

for you to see that the project is not dead :) i uploaded a new one, which has the voodoo flag dustin requested, and also it has a nut. and some other small changes i made back in january, which i don't really remember. also it has amoeba+magicwall sound. it's not very well tested, so i hope it works.

poll: what should happen to a nut falling into a magic wall?
poll2: if i implement some kind of checkboxes or the like, to show the current object on which level will be visible on, what should it look like? where should i place it in the editor window?

(cws: this one does not contain double buffering by default)
cirix
BadDog73

Post by BadDog73 »

poll: it disappears completely.

poll2: I don't understand the question, sorry.
CWS

Post by CWS »

cirix wrote:poll: what should happen to a nut falling into a magic wall?
That has to be checked with Emerald Mine. But I think it does not happen anything. But maybe the best solution would be to give a choice in cave properties?
cirix wrote:poll2: if i implement some kind of checkboxes or the like, to show the current object on which level will be visible on, what should it look like? where should i place it in the editor window?
Do you mean a list of all used objects in a level? If yes, I would recommend some sort of a list or something. A list with rows. And the level number above each row. I would place this in the tool bar, right near the "shown level" option. Maybe the window with the objects used in a level is shown automatically as soon as I drag the slider to another level number?
cirix

Post by cirix »

i discovered that i like these nuts :) they could be very nice in puzzles! (Sendy!! :))

for example, in a cave, there is a nut, which acts like a stone, blocking the way. but if you crack it, a diamond appears - you collect it, earn points, and at the same time, the passage is opened.
cirix
CWS

Post by CWS »

Let's say it this way: Sometimes I have some good ideas... ;)
CWS

Post by CWS »

Some things about the nuts:

Slime converts the nut to diamonds? Unusual I think. Maybe you should give us a choice in cave properties

Eats this - Nut
converts to - xxx

Magic wall does nothing at the moment. But I think you should also give us a choice in cave properties.

"Nut to - Diamond" as standard (or "Nut to - Nut" as standard?)

Flying stone should crack up the nut, too!

The nut is GREAT! I'm really going nuts! ;)
CWS

Post by CWS »

By the way: I noticed that I can only place inboxes but not players. What about adding this as a special effect?
cirix

Post by cirix »

CWS wrote:By the way: I noticed that I can only place inboxes but not players. What about adding this as a special effect?
i think you can, just open the effects part of the elements dialog, and there will be the player (with an exclamation mark, i think).
i will check the slime-nut thing.
cirix
CWS

Post by CWS »

Ah! I didn't notice! I thought this is Rockford with a sword... ;)