Gdash

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

cirix

Post by cirix »

ADDEDWell, I managed to fix it in gimp by posterizing the color down to 2 levels...don't ask how that worked. :wink: It shouldn't have made a difference, since I already checked to make sure the colors were right...
That's what it needed. Posterizing will change FE's and the like to FF's. I think I should mention it in the help :) The PNG you sent me seems to be ok, I can load it in the game and colors just work fine.
cirix
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

cirix wrote:
ADDEDWell, I managed to fix it in gimp by posterizing the color down to 2 levels...don't ask how that worked. :wink: It shouldn't have made a difference, since I already checked to make sure the colors were right...
That's what it needed. Posterizing will change FE's and the like to FF's. I think I should mention it in the help :) The PNG you sent me seems to be ok, I can load it in the game and colors just work fine.
That's good!
But, I checked it before posterizing and it was all FF's. Weird...
Nevermind though, at least it's working now. :D
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
CWS

Post by CWS »

Any news on GDash? Still waiting for the extended nut properties... :)
CWS

Post by CWS »

By the way - I think I found another little bug:

In the editor the status information on the bottom of the screen is not updated if another level (2, 3, 4, 5) is selected. Time and diamonds needed are always shown for level 1.

I also want to mention that a third element in the slime properties would be nice - not only for the nut but any other third element could be added... :)
MinerWilly

Post by MinerWilly »

I have just installed GDash and is very impressed. It reminds me of a shareware BD i had for the Amiga, i think it was called Boulder Däsh with an "ä", only with less bugs!
Altough my intention was just to play a little the editor just makes me wanna create some caves again. Is there any documentation where objects, what they do and how they interact with other objects somewhere? Preferably if the objects can be converted for use in the Crazy Light engine too, if i ever get enough caves together for a game it has to be playable on the c64.
MinerWilly

DeLuxe Construction Kit caves to GDash?

Post by MinerWilly »

I have a d64 with some caves made with the DeLuxe Construction Kit. How do i go about to convert these to a format that GDash will know?
subotai

Post by subotai »

A short description of the different objects can be found in the "Help" of Gdash (in the mainmenu). A detailed description of the classic elements can be found in Peter Broadribb's documents. You can easily find them searching the web or this forum.

subotai
cirix

Re: DeLuxe Construction Kit caves to GDash?

Post by cirix »

MinerWilly wrote:I have a d64 with some caves made with the DeLuxe Construction Kit. How do i go about to convert these to a format that GDash will know?
Save a snapshot in VICE of the game running. After that, you can use the any2dash utility installed with GDash to convert them (from the command line, sorry :)) If it does not work, send me the d64 file, and I'll see what I can do.
cirix
MinerWilly

Post by MinerWilly »

subotai wrote:A short description of the different objects can be found in the "Help" of Gdash (in the mainmenu). A detailed description of the classic elements can be found in Peter Broadribb's documents. You can easily find them searching the web or this forum.

subotai
Gah! Now i feel stupid, i had only accessed help from the editor, which is different to the help in the game! :D
cirix wrote:Save a snapshot in VICE of the game running. After that, you can use the any2dash utility installed with GDash to convert them (from the command line, sorry :)) If it does not work, send me the d64 file, and I'll see what I can do.
They are just loose caves, not a game. I tried the any2gdash utility on a snapshot of the De Luxe kit with a cave loaded but it didn´t work. But i guess i can always make a game out of the caves first with the crazy light tools.
cirix

Post by cirix »

MinerWilly wrote:They are just loose caves, not a game. I tried the any2gdash utility on a snapshot of the De Luxe kit with a cave loaded but it didn´t work. But i guess i can always make a game out of the caves first with the crazy light tools.
If you have an assembled game, you can convert them at once with any2gdash! Maybe that's the easier solution. Maybe some time I will make some gui for any2gdash too...
cirix
cirix

Post by cirix »

Hi, I uploaded a new version with some minor changes (20091108). Nuts in magic walls, and Level-X editing requested by Sendy. See the usual URL: http://jutas.eet.bme.hu/~cirix/gdash/
cirix
CWS

Post by CWS »

Thank you very much for the new version! Small but really great enhancements! :) I'll update the german translation soon!
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

I agree, great update! :)

I might suggest adding one more option to the draw menu: "Current level only" because the designer might also want to have objects that appear on a lower lever, but not the higher ones.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Hi all! :)
Glad to see that this forum has come into life again. I must admit I already nearly 'forgot' it during the months when it was so silent here... what have I missed? *looking at new gdash version*
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Nad thanks for the German translations, CWS!
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND