Boulderdash 2 Cave K level 5 (msx emulator on psp)

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

imqqmi

Boulderdash 2 Cave K level 5 (msx emulator on psp)

Post by imqqmi »

I've been playing through many levels of BD 2 and so far have been able to play from cabe A through to P at level 1 and some at 2. I'm now playing it at level 5. Level K however wants 27 diamond but there really are only 26. Is there a way to finish it? Is there a way to free the boulder at the start to drop it on a shifting diamond converting wall?

Thanks!
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Sounds like it could be error; in the original BD2 there are 28 diamonds available on K/5. Did you miss one or two by any chance?
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
imqqmi

Post by imqqmi »

Thanks for replying. Nope, I can use saved states and I've been running through every corner in that level to no avail. 26 diamonds and nothing more :(

Would it be possible to set the required 27 to 26 so that I can continue playing? I can use an hexeditor but I'd need help finding the pattern.

Thanks!
Imqqmi
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

That's odd :shock:. I bet hex editing would work, but I have no skill in that. Maybe one of the experts will know what to change, though.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Hi imqqmi,
in the original version, as RTADash said, there are definitely 28 diamonds to collect. What version do you have? Perhaps someone can post a map of K/5 (I still don't know how to do this :( ), so that you can compare it with your level and then you tell us which 2 diamonds are missing? I don't really now how to change the required diamonds...

Cheers Dustin
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND