Any raw cave data for this boulder-dash level?

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

A small update on this...I have decided (for now, might change later) that I won't be doing standard BD caves and will only concentrate on my own caves with items/objects in The Probe.

This is partly due to the fact that I don't want to add in standard enterance/exit, aeomeba, and magic wall objects for now to avoid being too close to the original game-play - I want mine to be different enough ATM.

Thanks for the help so far guys, and if I need cave parsing help again in the future I will ask then :)

cheers,
Paul
subotai

Post by subotai »

wrote:This is partly due to the fact that I don't want to add in standard enterance/exit, aeomeba, and magic wall objects for now to avoid being too close to the original game-play - I want mine to be different enough ATM.
Good choice, in my opinion. I already liked the thing with the "laser" and the mirrors. And the other things you have mentioned sound also very promising. I must admit that I like to play the C64 games in a Remake, and it was/is challenging for me to reach a high compatibility. But (with some minor disadvantages), I can also play these games in an emulator. So something different with new ideas is very nice :D
paul_nicholls

Post by paul_nicholls »

Thanks subotai :)