Hello fellow 'Dashers

Everything that doesn't fit into the other forums. Discuss it at Café Rockford. Beer is for free!

Moderator: Admin

Dr Geek

Hello fellow 'Dashers

Post by Dr Geek »

Hello All - I have been lurking here for the last month and thought I would join up. I recently re-discovered BD after reading about the virtual console remake. I was an orginal 'Dasher' back in the 80's on the Commodore 64. I (like a lot of people, i suspect) was introduced to the game via a 'shared' copy of the No-One's 16 Boulder Dash disk in high school. Currently I am working a 10 cave set using the Tape version of PLCK that I read about in another thread here (making sure to patch the game module, etc...) - I find VICE a great emulator for development, but for actual gameplay, I prefer the old C64S emulator running in DOSBOX (the graphics are SO much more 80's 8-Bit) - I am fairly comfortable with memory maps, bytes, offsets, ram pointers, etc...so look forward to being able to help with technical questions and dilemmas and just sharing ideas and thoughts with the rest of the community.
Arno
Site Admin

Re: Hello fellow 'Dashers

Post by Arno »

Hi Dr Geek! Welcome to the forum and nice to hear that you've re-discovered this great game! :D