Please HELP ! Masters Boulder Dash Zombie Crackers Cave J

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

Margol

Please HELP ! Masters Boulder Dash Zombie Crackers Cave J

Post by Margol »

Hello all.

Please help. When I was 9, I played this game, I enlisted at this stage. And now, after 25 years, I have been sitting for three days and I do not know COMPLETELY how to finish this trick. I'm trying everything. I'm falling down, please help.

http://www.boulder-dash.nl/down/maps/Zo ... ave_12.png
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Welcome Margol! :)

I don't see a problem with this cave. Just grab 20 diamonds and blast a wall by crushing a firefly with a stone (2 times). I see multiple ways to do that. What point is the problem?
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

I've created a video (using Krissz' online BD remake):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7kgqq6WlyY
Margol

Post by Margol »

In the end I succeeded, but I did about 100 loade and save state. I can not wait for the movie ...
Margol

Post by Margol »

Thanks Arno! You solved the mystery of my life. This last (second) stone I tried to stick so that in comparison to your movie the wall must be compacted to the end. And I wanted this luminous butterfly, because that's what I called them, always flew from the bottom and from above throw the stone. I tried everything and they ALWAYS came from the top. I would never fall for it like I did on a film. Thank you very much, you saved my life, for years it did not give me peace until I came back to this today. I apologize as something not understandable but I've been learning English for half a year :). :!:
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

You're welcome! Glad it was helpful! :D
V-12/Tropyx

Post by V-12/Tropyx »

This is how it works in Boulder Dash - You have to be patient and repeat the cave more times. I remember how I was doing the same 25 years ago. It was pure fun but sometimes I was also annoyed. The skill is growing with the time. Good luck :)
Boulder Dash XII (1999) [own reverse engineering of BDI]
Boulder Dash 2000 (2000)
Fantasy Boulder Dash I (2001)
Zulder Dash (2009)
Power Dash (2012)
Margol

Post by Margol »

I never came, I always took a different side. I tried to drop stones from above, and I never thought of leaving one wall and a trap under it. With the method as asisted I did so that I went over the exit and threw the stone to the left. But I tried with 40 times ( save and load ).