Posocopi Waldkirch

Everything that doesn't fit into the other forums. Discuss it at Café Rockford. Beer is for free!

Moderator: Admin

Dr Guru

Posocopi Waldkirch

Post by Dr Guru »

In the 80s and early 90s the Boulder Dash Club "Posocopi Waldkirch" has shown a lot of activities with contributions to BD editors and games. I'm wondering... how could the tiny town of Waldkirch become such a hub of BD activity? How many members where there actually in the club? And most of all...What the heck does "Posocopi" mean??

Does anyone know more than me?
blizzard

Post by blizzard »

I did a massive research about Posocopi years ago, because I was a huge Giana Sisters fan, and there were many hacks that were related to them and their affiliates (Prof Knibble in particular, whom I managed to find on Facebook, and had a little conversation about the games).

What I know it was actually a father (Dieter) and son (Falco) duo, probably these guys: https://www.amazon.com/Das-expert-Lexik ... 3816912869

But the people on the link is just my speculation. Dieter and Falco were their name, that's 100% sure. Dieter, the father was the leveldesigner and Falco was a programmer. They made all Power- and Nopower- Boulderdash hacks, and also made Power Sisters for Giana.

Also I have a contact address with Markus Kunn, a guy who had some interesting blog and once mentioned Posocopi, as his father was involved. The guy was very helpful, he even sent me the full list of the game database he has, and as I saw a shitload of unknown and unreleased Boulderdash hacks are in his tally, so try to contact him as well. I also in a search of more Giana Sisters hacks, but Prof Knibble didn't remember all titles after 30 years he admitted.
Dr Guru

Post by Dr Guru »

Interesting. I have the impression, that the father-son constellation seems to be not uncommon in the Boulder Dash community.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

blizzard, you are wrong with the name "krepel"
but, it dosent matter the name should be anonym