Pictures on the forum

Announcements and ideas/discussions concerning this forum

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Pictures on the forum

Post by Arno »

Sometimes the forummers are posting pictures, which is really useful to clarify things! Also it gives the board a nice Boulder Dash look! :)

But I'd like to have the pics available as long as this forum exist (which, hopefully will be looooooooooooooooooong). So if your pics are hosted on an external server on which they're likely be deleted over time, please let me know, so I can archive it all and host the pics myself.

Also, please keep the file size small in this case. [Edit] Please use gif or png format, unless it's not possible.
Thanx in advance.
Last edited by Arno on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

All the ones here and the BD2int2 shot here are only on imageshack right now, but I think the rest of my pics are just maps from your site.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

I use imageshack too.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

All pictures are now hosted at the same server as this site, in a folder "forum/forumpics/".

I've edited some posts just to update the URLs of the pics.
WauloK

Post by WauloK »

I think PHPBB3 supports uploading and embedded images.

I converted my PHPBB2 forum to the Simple Machines Forum. :)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I'm not so advanced in technical things (I don't even know what "imageshack" is, the word RTA Dash and Logic used just as a matter of course... :D ) so here's a practical question:
I'd like to post BD images in this forum but I don't know how, unless they're cave maps from this site. If, for example, I want to build a cave on Krissz's site and then post this cave in the forum, what must I do/ is this possible?
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

There are several image hosting services available. If I'm correct, you can create an account there, upload your images, and then they will be hosted there as long as the hosting service exist. Next, you can use the URL of any hosted image in [ img ]-tags in forum posts.

I've never used such website, since I have my own webspace. But it seems that some of these services are for free, but with a certain limit of image data.