My first game is coming!

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

Dustin

My first game is coming!

Post by Dustin »

Hi fans!
Now I've finished my work on my first BD game! I've made it with boulder remake, thanks again at RTA DAsh for recommanding! And RTA Dash has also agreed to tset it, thabks again! When the last changes will be done, I'll send it to you, Arno, for a release. The game contains the classic 5 levels, but I didn't merely change random seeds and DR, but made use of the fact that in BR, every level can be designed for itself.

"Rock Fort1" contains some , to my mind, difficult puzzles, watch out for cave P! I'm already glad to read your comments about it. It'll soon come!
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Can't wait!!!! :multi:
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Here a bit publicity and pre- information about the game:

Cave A-Rush hour: Be fast to collect the diamonds and don't run into the flock of flies!
B-The amoeba: Defeat the amoeba , but don't make it too small- look at the diamonds you need!

C-A kind of Magic: If you simply walk through it, you'll always be a diamond too short...

D-Boulder Traps: Collect all the seven diamonds, but make sure not to imprison yourself!

E-The Stonefall: Many many boulder following you on a narrow path. Sidestep in time!

F- Hard dirt: The diamonds grin at you, seemingly protected by lots of boulder...

G-The Circle: A BD2 remake. Think first vefore collecting diamonds too quickly!

H- Magic Prison: A mixture of transforming and blasting. Be sure not to blast away the exit!

I- Forwads And Back: Get into the spiral to get the diamond. Be sure to get back!

J- The Wrong Flies: You need well to know the different movement properties of fire- and butterflies here!

K- Amoeba Guards: A BD3 remake.

L- The Chase1: You wake up, imprisoned by fireflies... and when you manage to break out, they'll follow you!

M-The Chessboard: I don't want to tell you too much how to solve this puzzle!

N- Amoeba Tricks: Try to solve this cave "normally" and you'll always be a few diamonds too short... (except at lv1)

O- Explosions: A new idea how to force an amoeba into diamonds.

P- The Master's Puzzle: I#m really anxious to hear how easy or difficult you find this cave, esp. at lv4-5. I needed a time to work it out.

Q(Int1)- The Chase2: This time a butterfly tries to catch you...

R(Int2)- One and One: One diamond is easy to collect, but how to reach two?????

S(Int3)- Pursuing Wall: Don't get stuck!

T(Int4)- Enter The Fort: You made your long way and the fortress you searched so much lies before you. Continuation? Rock Fort 2!

Additional info: I did not use but the following items:
In-and Outbox (one per cave each)
Boulder
Diamond
Dirt
Space
Wall, Magic Wall, Growing Wall, Steel wall
Fire-, butterfly
amoeba

So it's definitely a game for fans of classical BD!
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Another little info for those who don't already know: In Boulder Remake, the magic Wall stops the amoeba and forces it into diamons when activated if, and only if, the amoeba time has not expired yet. In one cave, namely N, both items occur, so this might be of interest.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

From what I've tested (most of it), you guys certainly have a great game to look forward to! :wink:
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

It's released! Let's continue at the news section.