Sendydash Vol. 1 - The Movie ;)

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

Sendy

Sendydash Vol. 1 - The Movie ;)

Post by Sendy »

I have a Vice recording of me beating all the levels. Well, all apart from the last two. I was literally so exhausted from playing the first 45 levels that I just gave up. :lol:

Since it's quite impressive to watch I was hoping to convert it to a video format and maybe put it online and on Youtube, but I've never had any luck with that kind of thing on my computer. The screen capture programs I've used have a lot of frame-drop and the end result is always disgustingly jerky.

If anyone, I mean, either of you guys ;) can help, let me know please.
Watcher Kitty is always watching...
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Just go to http://www.c64-longplays.de/tutorial.html and read the part under the last screenshot.

Basically, you send your vsf's to this Monty Mole fellow and he converts it to an .avi and publishes it on his site. Then, you can download the avi and do whatever you want with it! :D
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

RTADash wrote:Basically, you send your vsf's to this Monty Mole fellow and he converts it to an .avi and publishes it on his site. Then, you can download the avi and do whatever you want with it! :D
I'm afraid Monty Mole will not convert it to avi. He once told me that w.r.t. Boulder Dash games, he only likes to have the official games (BD1,2,3) at his site.... :cry:

This is something I could understand, as the site is about C64 Longplays, and there are thousands of (unofficial) BD games and levelsets.
But still a pity for us...
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Sorry Sendy, I was trying to avoid this conclusion, but it looks like you'll need some unreasonably expensive pro-quality screen capture software to get a video without the disgustingly jerkiness. I couldn't find anything to convert vsf's to avi's. :cry:
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

(I double-posted again :oops: .)

However, I bet that people that are truly interested in the video would be cool with DL'ing the vsf's (and WinVICE if they don't have it) to watch it.

It's truly a shame that you can hardly find even the simplest forms of video software, thanks to all the software makers (whether it be full-fledged companies, small groups, or individuals) who care only about money and not serving their consumers. The economy sucks at times...
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.