Rock Fort 1 and 2 (edit: and 3 ;-) )

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

Dustin

Rock Fort 1 and 2 (edit: and 3 ;-) )

Post by Dustin »

HI BD- freaks!
During the last months, I#ve spent a lot of my free time in my favorite game and here are the results!

I've worked over RockFort 1 again (for the very last time :-) ), giving it a clear structure concerning the levels:
-level 1 (intro):In this level, most of the main cave ideas aren't yet fully developed. It shall introduce the ideas for players who don't wanna be thrown in at the deep end.
-level 2( Moderate): Most of the ideas come out fully here, except in caves where the ideas are complicated or especially difficult (according to me).
-level3 (Hard): Rockford's adventure! That's the level I would also have taken in a One-level version. So if you don't like the five level idea much, just play through level3. When finished this level, you have virtually played through the game. If you look for a greater challenge, play on...
-level4 (Very Hard): The first bonus level is a hardened level 3 version. Few new ideas, but you either need a bigger amount of diamonds, random elements are set at tricky places, the time may be shorter... if you've played through it and think that it couldn't be harder, just play on!
-level5 (BD Expert): The second bonus level is (to me ) nearly impossible to play through with 3 MEN at cave A. When I'm testing a level, I like to check what is the most difficult version in which I can set the cave, and this level is a collection of my results! If you really manage to play through it, you get athe Golden Rockford from me! ;-)

Furthermore, I've finished my work on RockFort 2! It's got the same level structure, but I still have to test some caves before releasing. I think I'll release it together with the new RF1 in some days/weeks. Arno, would you again put a link at your wonderful site?

The next thing I'm working on is a continuation of Boulder Dash 1 and 2. But this may still last some time...
Last edited by Dustin on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

And here are the caves of Rock Fort 2!

Cave A(Intruder):Every diamond is guarded by a firefly. Catch them and go back to the exit.

Cave B(Rockford): Fireflies revolve the letters ROCKFORD, hiding a diamond per letter.

Cave C(Umbrellas): This cave reminds a bit of BD1, cave I, but with some extra "features"...

Cave D( Stony Amoeba): You think nothing can stop you from simply collecting all the diamonds? Just make one step and see what happens!

Int Q/Mass Breakout): Before converting a boulder, free the fireflies under the magic wall by an explosion..

Cave E(Burning Wall): The cave with the most fireflies in the game. Most of'em can be finished by an amoeba, the rest must be dodged...

Cave F(Chain Reaction): The cave starts silently. But if you make one step...

Cave G( Homemade Prison): This amoeba is to be enclosed by another growing element...

Cave H( Path): The cave consists of nothing but diamonds and boulder (and RF and the exit, of course ;-) ) While collecting diamonds, always have a look at the path you have to construct in order to move on.

Int R (Maintenance): A Remake of the first BD 2 intermission

Cave I(Race): The amoeba is quite small at the beginning, but remarkably close to the exit...

Cave J(Dead- End Streets):Walk through a narrow labyrinth to collect all the diamonds. But be careful- you're not the only being walking thorugh the maze!

Cave K( Hailstones): One of many Bd2- E- remakes, but you have to concentrate for a long time here.

Cave L( Absorber): You have to blast parts of the magic wall in order to make it useful.

Int S( Precision): You need seven explosions at exactly the right points here.

Cave M(Order And Chaos): You'll be freed during seconds. Be fast and go down to collect enough diamonds before the amoeba converts into boulder!

Cave N (Action): I was NOT drunken while constructing this :-)) You need 30-40 seconds of full concentration! No mistakes are permitted here!

Cave O( Seven Exams):Seven rooms, each of them with a different task.

Cave P(Overtaking Line): The only firefly seems to flee from you, but it will come back! Don't lose contact and overtake it at the right time.

Int T( Refilling station):A quite easy one, but I found it funny!

I hope I managed to make you looking forward to the game :-)
Last edited by Dustin on Tue May 13, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Hi, I wanna play your next game! :D
Keep on doing this great work, you BD enthusiast!

Would be nice b.t.w. to play your games in VICE too. Perhaps such conversion will become possible with the new clone GDash!
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Wohoo! The new Rockfort 2 and the update on Rockfort 1 are released today:

>>>>download<<<<

Story will be released later on. Great work, Dustin! :D
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Thanks! :-)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Sorry that I make you wait for the story so long! I just wanted to say that I didn't forget it and am still working on it. It'll soon be ready. I renamed some of the caves and hope that you'll find the story exciting!
Here are the new names:

RF1
A- Minefield
B- Trap And Grab
C- Magic Maze
D- Range
Q- Full Throttle
E- Rockslide
F- Exposure
G- Two Sources
H- Cross
R- One And One
I- Giddiness
J- Deflection
K- Modern Liberator
L- Breakout And Revisit
S- One-Way Street
M- Chessboard
N- Quick-Change Artist
O- Timing
P- Spinigma
T- Enter The Fort

RF2
A- Intruder
B- Rockford
C- Umbrellas
D- Stony Amoeba
Q- Mass Breakout
E- Burning Wall
F- Chain Reaction
G- Homemade Prison
H- Path
R- Maintenance
I- Chameleon
J- Pacman
K- Hailstones
L- Absorber
S- Precision
M- Order And Chaos
N- Action
O- Seven Exams
P- Overtaking Line
T- Refill Station
Last edited by Dustin on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Arno, you asked me once whether I wanna convert the RF games into other clones, as to play the games in VICE, too. Generally I would really like to do so. But I really don't wanna give up the five level idea. (I really like five levels!), and I must admit that I like Boulder Remake so much that I didn't test other clones much yet... Is there a VICE clone supporting the levels?
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Dustin wrote:Is there a VICE clone supporting the levels?
Not that I know of - To the best of my knowledge, BR is the only program, period, that supports five levels where the layout can change freely between levels. In all other 5-level clones you have to rely on initial random fills to create variety.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Afaik, there is no tool yet that converts to .d64 from formats like BR or BDCFF.

Still it would be impossible to keep the 5 level feature, as such an amount of maps cannot be stored in the C64 memory. (Engines like PLCK and CrLi can store a max of about 40-45 maps, which is enough for just 2 levels.)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Hi fans!

I have finished the Gdash version of RockFort 1 and Arno has included them in the download link above in this thread. Thanks, Arno1

Also the story is updated. Thanks a lot to RTA Dash for playtesting and correcting the grammar in the story!

Hope you all like it! Have fun!
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Today Dustin released his GDash version of Rockfort 2 and the story belonging to Rockfort 2. I updated the package at my site:

>>>>download<<<<
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

:thumbsup: Congratulations on finishing Rock Fort 02 Dustin :thumbsup:

Out of interest, is there a Rock Fort 3 in the works and if so what File Type will it be???

Thanks for the Update and Download Pack Arno, snagged and stored :wink:
Currently playing:
- Crazy Dream Dash 01
- Sendy Dash 02
Quote of the Week: I don't mind having a Bad Reputation...as long as I had fun earning it.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

First of all, thanks to Arno for the release!

John: Thanks for the interest! Yes, Rock Fort 3 is in work! The story will come up to an end in this third part, but I'm sure there will be more games from me. I will do RockFort 3 just in Gdash... personally I like this clone more than Bremake, but there are possibilities to convert .bd- into .brc files (Yet I do not know how exactly this works.)
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

Dustin wrote:Yes, Rock Fort 3 is in work!
Cool :D
The story will come up to an end in this third part
The Butler did it! :wink:

Thanks for the insight into your plans :D
Currently playing:
- Crazy Dream Dash 01
- Sendy Dash 02
Quote of the Week: I don't mind having a Bad Reputation...as long as I had fun earning it.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Hi all!

It will still take a few months until RockFort 3 comes, but here's a preview:

A- Big Bang: Back to the roots!
B- Queen: Of course a queen has lots of bodyguards!
C- Fireflies' Freedom: Lots of foreflies to dodge!
D- Lost Treasuries: Half a dozen of butterflies, by far enough boulders to hit them and only fifteen diamonds to collect- isn't this very easy? It isn't!!
Int Q- Stamina Test: A 30- second- dance with a firefly...
E- Dancing Lesson: Inspired by cave F of BD2 (Gauntlet)
F- Shooting Gallery: Strike six of eight butterflies to win the main prize!
G- Blue Sky: Not too hard but yet tricky!
H- Reprieve: Don't hit the flies too early!
Int R- Seven!: Not six but seven diamonds to collect!
I- Party!- It's Rocky's birthday, and everyone's come!
J- Villa: Blast the closed rooms of the villa in order to collect its treasures. But don't waste any "TNT"!
K- Submachine: Remember the code- or be caught forever! (...unless you use the fullscreen option.)
L- Shortage of Space: Trapping this amoeba is easier than calculating 1+1. But how many diamonds will it give?
Int S- Right Of Way: Rockford or a Growing Wall- who is faster? Think before acting!
M- Rotated Producer: You need to get only one diamond from the magic wall, but that's easier said than done!
N- Powder Keg: ONE false step... is the last one.
O- Think!: Think!
P- rescue: Mrs. Rockford needs a fireman- VERY urgent!!!!
Int T- The End: Unsolvable, just a "THE END"- screen.