RockFort Discussion

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

Dustin

RockFort Discussion

Post by Dustin »

Another discussion topic- I'd like to read how you find the two RockFort games! Do myou like the cave ideas? How do you find the five levels? Are the games too hard (or too easy)? Would you like to have a third part? Things that need still to be changed? (I'll release the second part of the RockFort story soon, together with very last changes at the games)
Give me your reviews! *curious look*
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Yes, great games! :) I like your level ideas very much. It can be very interesting to see how you build up the difficulty of a cave to an extreme level, by just making a few slight changes.

Though this way of level design is impossible on a C64, as we know... (unless you reduce the number of caves drastically).

For Rockfort 3, I'm looking forward to it!! It would be nice if there's again a puzzle like cave P of episode 1. Try to make the differences between the levels as slight as possible, but with the biggest increase in difficulty as possible! That would be most interesting, i.m.o.! 8)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Thanks, Arno! In fact, I'm actually wondering how to make my next game. I do have some new ideas, but it'll last a while to produce the final caves, and I think I'mt a rather uncreative at the moment, so I'm waiting for new inspirations.
If I get a good idea, I'll surely put another puzzle cave into the next game. But as I said, it'll last a while, and next time, I think I'll wait a bit with the release when I've made the game, since I know I'm a perfectionist and I don't wanna annoy you with all these updates next time... ;-)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

The idea of minimal changes with maximal effect sound quite good! I only wonder whether I shall change random seeds between the levels of use the same seeds for some levels to raise the effect of similar- looking?
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Hope you like the Gdash version of RockFort 1! I made an effort especially with the colour schemes, which shall give the player the atmosphere of the story.
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND