BD2 - General Discussion

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Sendy wrote:Oh my, check out the end of ArnoDash 1! :)

http://www.boulder-dash.nl/down/maps/Ar ... 0Dash.html

:lol:
hehe :twisted:
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

In intermission 2, it's possible (but difficult) to loop the three fireflies above their cages, and then drop those diamonds on the butterflies. Unfortunately the bonus diamonds have no [score] value , considering this isn't the *right* way to solve the level. :cry:
There was enough time left to collect 24 of the diamonds before running to the exit.
Last edited by RTADash on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

RTADash wrote:There was enough time left to collect 24 of the diamonds before running to the exit.
Unfortunately, they don't count any points. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even bother reaching the exit while there are still diamonds to collect.

In cavo O, there you can get 37 diamonds. You can smash a butterfly in a way, one corner of the doulble-row-magic-wall gets away, and drop the spare boulder into it.
But also here, there is no extra value.
I once did a remake of that cave in one of my games where you actually need 37 diamonds.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:I once did a remake of that cave in one of my games where you actually need 37 diamonds.
Wow, which game is that?
I've once been thinking about a remake of cave P where you need all 41 diamonds.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Arno wrote:Wow, which game is that?
I don't remember where every cave did go in my games. As I usually have them all selectable, you should find out easily. There are some more remakes in them.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Okay, I just checked them:
Remix De Luxe 5: cave 12 is a remake of BD2 cave a. A rather silly one I admit.
Remix De Luxe 6: cave 7 is another BD2 cave a remake. Not that interesting actually.
Crazy Dream 2: cave 4 is another BD2 cave a remake. Completely different solution.
Crazy Dream 4: "damned diamond" is the BD2 cave o remake.
Crazy Dream 6: "anders" is another BD2 cave a remake.
Crazy Dream 6: "use bombs" is yet another BD2 cave a remake.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:I once did a remake of that cave in one of my games where you actually need 37 diamonds.
I was going to do the same thing for RTAD BD2 brc O/5 (wow, that's a long acronym!), but instead I turned the last "cocoon" into [spoiler] a puzzle where you have to kill the last butterfly in the right spot so the magic walls aren't activated. This is made difficult by the fact that there are more walls and it's hard to get the boulder below the M-walls with enough room to crush the B-fly. [/spoiler]
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Very good discovery with the 37 diamonds in cave O! Never thozght about that!
I've got another idea about cave D. You can require even more diamonds than there are behind the amoeba , eg 75! Then you've got to imprison the amoeba by destroying its upper part and leaving behind only the lower part, enclosed by wall and diamonds...

And in cave H, you can shorten the butterfly-circle, making it more difficult to safely get inside it.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I think PL didn't discover the 37st diamond in cave O and therefore didn't give any bonus diamond value...
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Dustin wrote: I've got another idea about cave D. You can require even more diamonds than there are behind the amoeba , eg 75! Then you've got to imprison the amoeba by destroying its upper part and leaving behind only the lower part, enclosed by wall and diamonds...
Excellent idea! :D (I may just have to purloin this one :wink: )
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Do it, do it ;-) I do plan to make an own game, but I don't think I puit in this idea. I found it out casually, once I played the cave the amoeba suddenly turned into diamonds... I was quite shocked when the disturbing noise was suddenly gone... ;-)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

What do you think about making a game called "BD 2- The Lost Levels" or sth like that, a remake of BD2 with slightly different, harder caves where we include all the nice ideas we've already discussed here?
Summary of these ideas (plus some new ones from me):
A:2 rows of magic wall instead of one, one directly upon the other, so that you have to use the remaining three fireflies to blast away the upper row before converting
B:more diamonds required
C: The goal is next to the start, so that you have to walk back when you've collected the diamonds
D:More diamonds required then directly available, so that the amoeba must be imprisoned
E:more diamonds
F:more diamonds
G: give no chance to blast through the left wall
H: shorten the square of butterfliesand/or surround 3/4 of the square by wall, so that there's merely one entrance and outrance; more diamonds
Int2: require 30 diamonds (and give more time)
I: some rows surrounded by two fireflies
J:require all 72 diamonds
K
L
M:require more diamonds
N:put more diamonds at the edge of the dirt (with contact to the fireflies), less boulder
O: require 37 diamonds
P:require all 41 diamonds

What do you think about it?
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

K: more walls to restrict movement.
L: More diamonds needed than available - A few hidden magic walls. :twisted:
P: How about 35 or something just a little more forgiving :fear: .

That would be a cool compilation! :) I've used a few of those same ideas in my RTABD2.brc game, which will be released when I finish all 4 of them. 8)
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Oh cool! I didn't know that you're already making sth like that. I'll be glad to play!
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

By the way. has anyone yet tried to imprison the cave H amoeba by the diamonds of the butterflies? This should make it possible to catch more than 100 diamonds...