Windows Clone: Boulder Rocks! 3D

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

subotai

Post by subotai »

Sarr. wrote:there are some tricks and hacks involved in the original engines that are not easy to spot at first sight
That's why I'm posting here.
GAD Zombie wrote:We (me and Sarr) are collecting all bug reports and will be working on it
That's why I'm posting.

Sorry, I just edited this posting. It is not my best day today and I was a bit upset, that you don't even check this issue. That was not very constructive from my part.

Believe me, it has nothing to do with the smooth scrolling.

subotai
Last edited by subotai on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
subotai

Post by subotai »

Sorry double post.
cirix

Post by cirix »

Sarr. wrote:- random layer fill algorithm is now placing cave elements like in the original BD-engine. however, there is a twist - unlike BD-engine, BR3D is not limiting you to use max 4 random elements subset
that was long ago possible, already in gdash, by putting more than one random fill objects over each other. so i think this was an unnecessary incompatible change... or do i miss something?
cirix
Sarr.

Post by Sarr. »

[back from holidays!]

about 'there is a twist - unlike BD-engine, BR3D is not limiting you to use max 4 random elements subset' - BR3D doesn't use random fill objects [well, supports them as read-only for playing, but its editor is not objects-based].

when defining the base BD random fill layer, where in BD/GDash you can specify only 4 elements with probabilities, in BR3D you can specify more and get more variety. this is not intended to emulate RandomFillObject known from GDash in any way, it's just a compromise between an old-BR3D and BD-like way of defining random fill layer - so that the old BR3D users won't be lost in the new editor [and the old-BR3D caves can be transformed into BDCFF format with minimum loss of detail].
CWS

Post by CWS »

Hope there will be a new release soon! :)
Klaxer

Post by Klaxer »

Background sound-atmosphere is ok but other sounds (including music-title) just horrible! Please - turn original C-64 sounds and music back (original Atari-sounds too sharp for ears). Or make it as possible function. It would be nice if You'll add original sounds as mono mode also (background FX sounding well and You can leave it as stereo). Because when You try to play in zoom-out mode - stereo sounding wrong. Sometimes stereo wrong in normal-mode also. Overall: stereo-mode must be more correctly I think.

Thanks!
CWS

Post by CWS »

Is there anything new about this nice game? Haven't heard anything for just a while now...