CCS64 Questions

Everything about the various Boulder Dash tools, and other stuff created by the fans.

Moderator: Admin

johnomg

CCS64 Questions

Post by johnomg »

G'day All :D

Does anyone know how to get the BD3Fix to work on the CCS64 emulator? Step by Step if possible please.

Also, when I use CCS64 and type: LOAD"B*",8 I can't get the * key to work, I press it and nothing happens (it works fine in WinVice), any ideas?

I've joined the CCS64 Forum to ask about the * key problem, but haven't got my activation email yet, so thought I would ask here while waiting.

I've already tried the BD3Fix using WinVice and it works fine (thanks to Simon and RTADash for their previous post about it), just wish I had realised 4 days ago that I had to be on the Player and Cave information screen for it to work :frusty:

Regards
John :D

P.S.
I'm using CCS64 right now because it's the first emulator I was introduced to and all my BD 1, 2 and 3 Freeze Games are saved in it's format, so I would like to finish off with it before moving on.
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

MAN!!! :oops:

Don't you hate it when you try to solve a problem (or in my case problems) for days .... then finally decide to post a question .... then get a :idea: idea .... try it and it works :cry:

With the BD3Fix it turns out I had to select the Disk first which wasn't obvious to me, I was selecting Normal Boot and thought that was fine.

I can post the Step by Step instructions if someone wants it, I figure most of you are WinVice devotees or know how to do it already.

As for the * key, it turns out that WinVice has 2 keys (] and * on the Numerical pad) that can be used as *, of course in CCS64 I was using the keystroke that only works in WinVice, for CCS64 it's the ] key on a modern keyboard (as all of you already knew) :frusty:

Oh well, hopefully it helps someone.

Regards
John :D
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

johnomg wrote:Don't you hate it when you try to solve a problem (or in my case problems) for days .... then finally decide to post a question .... then get a :idea: idea .... try it and it works :cry:
Yeah, that's how these things go sometimes... well, great that you found it yourself! ;)
alison3492

Post by alison3492 »

Nice idea. Smile
I worked out a solution. Do I win something now?
Whether you want to pass NS0-156 braindumps exam exams or looking for Test king certification, our bfit