WinVICE 2.1

Everything about the various Boulder Dash tools, and other stuff created by the fans.

Moderator: Admin

RTADash

WinVICE 2.1

Post by RTADash »

Just thought I should let everyone know that VICE 2.1 is out (if you haven't got it yet). :)
http://www.viceteam.org/#download
Hopefully it's compatible with all of the snapshots from 1.19-1.22.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

I downloaded VICE 2.1 back in January (just after I joined this Forum) to see what Arno's Video solutions looked like.

So I know it can play the video's recorded in VICE 1.16.

I use CCS64 though, mainly because I couldn't join the VICE Forum, some message about my email address was not allowed??? I tried to contact them about it ... but you have to be a Member to use the "Contact Admin" feature :roll:
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

johnomg wrote:I downloaded VICE 2.1 back in January
Shows how up-to-date I am... :(
johnomg wrote:I couldn't join the VICE Forum, some message about my email address was not allowed??? I tried to contact them about it ... but you have to be a Member to use the "Contact Admin" feature :roll:
That really blows :evil:
However, I'm sure one of us here could help if you were to have problems with VICE :wink:
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

RTADash wrote:Shows how up-to-date I am... :(
I only downloaded it because I gave up trying to find VICE 1.16 :(
RTADash wrote:However, I'm sure one of us here could help if you were to have problems with VICE :wink:
You guys have already been a Great Help so I'm not too fussed :D

Actually thinking back on it, I think I did finally find some sort of "Contact Email Address" but never heard back from them.

Oh well ... I like CCS64, probably because it's the first emulator I used.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

johnomg wrote:I only downloaded it because I gave up trying to find VICE 1.16 :(
Why they don't archive their older versions is an interesting thing to ponder - It can't hurt anything. (unless they have a dinky webspace) :dunno:
johnomg wrote:Oh well ... I like CCS64, probably because it's the first emulator I used.
I really like the feel of CCS64, but I could never get it to run very smoothly on my PC. Otherwise I'd use both of them. :D
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

RTADash wrote:Why they don't archive their older versions is an interesting thing to ponder - It can't hurt anything. (unless they have a dinky webspace) :dunno:
I wondered that too, most sites usually have a section for previous versions. If I remember rightly "Reverse Compatability" is something they don't ensure either??? Also I found the information too technical for me, I just wanted to use it to play games nothing more :lol:
RTADash wrote:I really like the feel of CCS64, but I could never get it to run very smoothly on my PC. Otherwise I'd use both of them. :D
I've used both on my PC and I'm using XP Pro on a very old (1999) machine, go figure hey???