Crazy Dream Dash 02 - Cave 19

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

johnomg

Crazy Dream Dash 02 - Cave 19

Post by johnomg »

This time I'm dead certain I'm stuck :roll:

I have collected the required Diamonds but can't work out how to break the Wall blocking access to the "Exploding Brick".

I can get a Firefly to the Wall but the only Boulder that seems to be available (to the upper left of the wall) drops into a Groove I can't get it out of :(

I figure I have to fill the Groove with something (somehow) so that I can move the Boulder over to the Wall. Possibly the Moving Boulder with the sad face, but I can't get the bugger out of the enclosure :(

Also, there are 4 Diamonds in a group at the bottom it won't allow me to collect???
Last edited by johnomg on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

Hint/Solution anyone??? :(
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Here is a solution in GDash format: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9sdznx
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:Here is a solution in GDash format: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9sdznx
Thanks Logic :D

Sadly I can't get GDash to play the file, it comes up with an error :(

I'm going to post the problem on another Thread as I can't get GDash to play Rockfort 01 either :?
cirix

Post by cirix »

The file is correctly loadable and playable in gdash.
The error appears only because the c64-binary-import routines are not foolproof; the c64 files contained 999 cells for amoeba threshold, while the cave is only 40x22=880 cells in size.
cirix
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

G'day cirix :D

Thanks for the quick response :)

I had a try after dinner with no luck...but after I read your post and saw the word "playable" I thought to myself I wasn't using GDash correctly.

Which I wasn't :oops:

I write this mainly to help any other Newbies like me that might get caught in the same trap :roll:

The confusion for me was how GDash started the file, I expected to see CrDr02 Cave/19 straight away instead of the GDash Splash Screen.

Because I saw the Error Message and the GDash Splash Screen I didn't try to move beyond it, assuming incorrectly that the file was unplayable and had been stopped.

I even tried the "New Game" option with (apparently) no luck, the confusion to me there was seeing "my name" and "Cave A" below it. Because Crazy Dream uses a Numerical system for the Caves I assumed it wasn't what I wanted and closed it, never realising that the Preview below was of Cave/01 (DUH!!!).

Once I realised all that, I then found the Replay/Solution of Cave/19 Logic had kindly provided for me :D

The same applied for Rock Fort 01, seeing the GDash Splash Screen made me think it hadn't loaded at all, I now realise it had and I just had to start it :oops:

On that point, I had a quick play of Rock Fort 01 and found when I died (as I often do) and pressed the "Space Bar" to reload the Cave (instead of waiting for the Timer to end) it took me to the next Cave instead??? The same happens even if I don't die and click on the "Restart current level" icon along the top.

Have I set something wrong???

To Logic:
Thanks for the Solution, you truly have Crazy Dreams :wink:

To Dustin:
I liked the first few Caves of Rock Fort 01 I played and look forward to playing it all when I have finished with the Crazy Dreams series (if ever) :cry:

To cirix:
I really like the Full Screen feature of GDash where you see the whole Cave, instantly Arno's Exploding Dash came to mind as being way more enjoyable with that feature. Also, I almost fell over backwards when I saw the List of Elements in the "Help" Section (pokes Arno in the ribs), a few I had worked out myself but to see them listed and a explanation of how they worked blew me away....THANK YOU!!!

Regards
John :D
cirix

Post by cirix »

johnomg wrote:On that point, I had a quick play of Rock Fort 01 and found when I died (as I often do) and pressed the "Space Bar" to reload the Cave (instead of waiting for the Timer to end) it took me to the next Cave instead??? The same happens even if I don't die and click on the "Restart current level" icon along the top.
Dunno. It may be some intermission level, if you get only one chance. Also, the SPACE is used for pause on/off; to retry the level, you should press fire (ctrl) by default. If you get stuck, you can use the restart level icon (the bomb) or press ESC. The same keys are used in both versions (and the same on the C64).
cirix
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

cirix wrote:Dunno. It may be some intermission level, if you get only one chance. Also, the SPACE is used for pause on/off; to retry the level, you should press fire (ctrl) by default. If you get stuck, you can use the restart level icon (the bomb) or press ESC. The same keys are used in both versions (and the same on the C64).
I tried everything you said and Rock Fort 01 always moves onto the next Cave.

I did look at the "Caveset information" for some Caves (A/1, B/1, C/1, D/1 and Intermission 1/1) they all say "Type: Intermission" :?

I tried one of the Internal Games (No One 01), that doesn't have the problem and the Caveset information says "Type: Normal cave".

Maybe it's one for Dustin to answer???

I downloaded it from the link in the News Section of this Forum that Dustin directed me to, maybe it's a Old Version with a Glitch???

Maybe someone else would like to try it and see what happens for them Dustin_Rockfort.zip

Also...Logic, that's mean putting a "Walk on Air" Boulder and a "Biter" in the same Cave, (I would have spent hours more on the Biter it if it wasn't for cirix's Legend of Elements)...Keep up the good work both of you :lol:
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

:oops: I figured it out :oops:

I was playing the .brc Version of Rock Fort 01 with GDash instead of the .bd Version :?