Rock Fort - Thank You!

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

johnomg

Rock Fort - Thank You!

Post by johnomg »

G'day All :D

Well I've just finished Rock Fort 01 and 02 and wanted to say "Thank You" to Dustin for creating them.

I used GDash to play RF01 and BRemake to play RF02. Only Level 01 though, I'm a 20 Cave man remember :wink:

Nothing against GDash, but....WOW!!!....the BRemake graphics are astounding to someone who normally uses CCS64 and the Smooth Scrolling excellent. I even tried a few of the Caves from RF01 in BRemake to see how they looked and felt :)

Don't get me wrong, I like both GDash and BRemake, but each one lacks some features as a player I would like. CCS64 is still my Emulator of choice for that reason.

In RF01 (GDash Version) I liked Caves I/1 (Giddiness) and M/1 (Chessboard) the most. I also liked the Story Line that Dustin included.

In RF02 (BRemake Version) I really liked the Graphics, Cave L/1 was the toughest for me and I liked that.

Once again.... "Thank You" Dustin for taking the time to make games that others can enjoy.

Regards
John :D
Currently playing:
- Crazy Dream Dash 01
- Sendy Dash 02
Quote of the Week: I don't mind having a Bad Reputation...as long as I had fun earning it.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Thanks a lot John!!!! :worshippy:

Perhaps one day, when you forgot the caves, you may try level 3, which is the actual main level of each game and the story refers to. It is surely a lot harder than level 1. Level 3 is, I think, the best level for a 20-caves- fan. 1 and 2 are introductory levels, I think level 1 might have been a bit too easy for someone who already managed to finish all games from Arno!
Into level 5 I put everything I could think of which makes the cave harder without changing too much optically. This is, I think, a real challenge even for experts (I have to admit that I wasn't able to finish some of the level5 caves but only know they are theoretically solvable!)

Cheers Dustin
Boulder Dash X Rock, Paper, Scissors:
ROCKFORD collects DIAMOND, digs DIRT
DIAMOND outvalues DIRT & BOULDER
DIRT carries BOULDER, blocks FIREFLY
BOULDER kills FIREFLY & ROCKFORD
FIREFLY kills ROCKFORD, guards DIAMOND
johnomg

Post by johnomg »

Your welcome Dustin :D

I forgot to ask about the Story Line in my other post, as you said it doesn't quite match Level 01, being written for Level 03 explains that.

I'll certainly keep Level 03 in mind, for now I'm busy working my way through different games, currently RTA Dash 02 (which I'm enjoying) and Crazy Dream Dash 03 (which is killing me).

Regards
John :D
Currently playing:
- Crazy Dream Dash 01
- Sendy Dash 02
Quote of the Week: I don't mind having a Bad Reputation...as long as I had fun earning it.