slime permeability and BDCFF

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

Piter

Post by Piter »

Alright! Thank you Subotai, the problem is solved! It seems that my slime handling was ok, the problem was elsewhere.

I've already confirmed this morning that map-coded cave with initial seed values $1E $00 works exactly the same as in GDash - regardless predictable slime value. However there was still problem with object-coded caves.

I started to suspect that there might be problem with seed values (even though cave itself was generated properly). That's why I asked for proper seed values for cave E/1. They were different to these generated by my engine ($AE $E8 ). I've hardcoded values provided by Subotai ($E5 $21) and voila - cave started to work flawlessly.

So the fault must have been not in game logic, but in decoding of the cave. I've double checked it and found the bug - I was randomly generating 21 lines not 20. One line too much. That's why my seed values were different, but cave itself was looking ok.

That's all. Problem solved thanks to Subotai. Without proper seed values it would be very hard for me to track the mistake. :worshippy:

Edit #1 Cirix, I've just seen your answer. I'll dig into it and check the other caves, but I believe it will be fine by now. I can also see that you have pointed to the problem I have had 40x20 - not 40x21 nor 40x22 - is generated.

Edit #2 Cirix, I've checked Afl cave 15 in my clone - the cave is solvable. Although... it's true, that you have to really hurry, not a second to waste ;)