Origin of public domain Amiga Boulder Dash?

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

MinerWilly

Origin of public domain Amiga Boulder Dash?

Post by MinerWilly »

I´m not searching for them with any intention of playing or anything but i always wondered where these came from. Quite good Boulder Dash games for the Amiga with graphics that reminded of the c64. The caves were mostly converted from fanmade c64 BD caves i think.
The official Boulder Dash for the Amiga was bad and to my knowledge there never existed BD ckit for the Amiga (except Boulder Däsh that i mentioned in another thread). An odd thing about these games were if you held the joystick up or down when the game had loaded a ckit menu very much like the original c64 ckit would be displayed. After releasing the joystick the game would start.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

There is an official BD version on the Amiga, but most fan games actually are based on the Emerald Mine engine. One example for the official BD engine is this: http://www.emeraldmines.net/default.asp ... oads&id=36
BD on the Amiga was just a poor implementation. Slow animations, inaccurate physics, no speed adjustment, no multiple Rockfords.
In turn, Emerald Mine is pretty poor on the C64, though.
MinerWilly

Post by MinerWilly »

Yes, that's one of them! I never knew there were an official BD ckit for amiga, i tought the only official Boulder Dash conversion for Amiga were Rockford: http://hol.abime.net/1270
The game physics may have been a little "wrong" but i stilled played those a lot, there weren´t much else for the Amiga. I have always prefered Boulder Dash over Emerald Mines, mainly because of the amoebas.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »