Games using Diego effects

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

subotai

Games using Diego effects

Post by subotai »

Hi

I'm looking for some games which use the diego effects. Could anybody give me a hint? Are these game wide effects or only set in a few caves.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Take a look here: http://www.gratissaugen.de/erbsen/liste.html

Games using the No1v5.xe or the Knibvx.xe engine have Diego effects settings per cave. Usually, they are used in some caves, but they can be in all or in none as well. My latest Deluxepacker 1.5x uses the same method, but there is no game released with this packer so far that I know of.

Besides this, there are some older games with the remark "Diego-Effeckt-Patch". Those use them on a global base, ie. they are the same for all caves. The effect setting is absent in the cave data in those games.

And of course 1stB and CrLi support most of them too.
subotai

Post by subotai »

Ok thanks. This already helps me :-)
Do I have any chance to check for global effects in a memory dump? Or are these effects always located at different offsets?
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

subotai wrote:Ok thanks. This already helps me :-)
Do I have any chance to check for global effects in a memory dump? Or are these effects always located at different offsets?
The Diego Effect games are all based on the same version of the PLCK engine, so there are always the same bytes patched. I don't have a list handy though, but the GDash code should be enlightening.
cirix

Post by cirix »

subotai wrote:Ok thanks. This already helps me :-)
You have. Check my any2gdash.c, line 363.
In the .c, i have hardcoded a normal effect table, which i compare to the effect table at 0x3b00. if they differ, you have global diego effects.
maybe no cave should have been started before saving the snapshot for any2gdash... i don't remember :)
cirix
subotai

Post by subotai »

Wow, thanks cirix. That's great :D
cirix wrote:maybe no cave should have been started before saving the snapshot for any2gdash
For me, it doesn't seem to make any difference. But I'm not sure. I always save the memory dump at the cave selection screen.