Gfx advice

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

AutoFire555

Gfx advice

Post by AutoFire555 »

This is about Rocks'n'Diamonds, so I would've posted it on the R'n'D forums, but they've been down for over a year. I think this is probably the most relevant place to ask about it.

I'm trying to make a level set in R'n'd, with it's own graphics, but I need some advice on how to do something with the graphics. See the picture.

When the brick(which is somewhat like a Lego Brick :P) lands one another, they are supposed to connect. The issue is that it looks like the lower one grows to reach the upper one. I'm wondering if there is a way around this. I've tried this in game, and it looks really weird. It doesn't have to get fixed, it just bothers me.
subotai

Post by subotai »

AutoFire555 wrote:The issue is that it looks like the lower one grows to reach the upper one.
This will never work without "enlarging" the brick as long as you only use one field for a brick. What do you think about "enlarging" both bricks? Just set the separating line between both bricks a bit lower. The visual effect will be that both bricks enlarge vertically after they have connected.
AutoFire555

Post by AutoFire555 »

It seems to help some. I think it's better to have each brick grow a little rather than one grow a lot. I'm still open to other ideas, but I can settle for this.