Brutalo Boulder Dash

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

V-12/Tropyx

Brutalo Boulder Dash

Post by V-12/Tropyx »

I have a question about Brutalo Boulder Dash which keeps me wonder since 19 years!

Level "O" has too short magic wall in my opinon. Anyone knows that it was intentionally, or maybe a bug, maybe caused by a packer? I reached level "P" few years later by using a small trick but still I'm wonder about cave "O".

Any thoughts?

By the way, Brutalo Boulder Dash was probably created basing on BDIII, because it has exactly the same intermissions.

http://csdb.perff.dk/release/?id=18569&show=review
Boulder Dash XII (1999) [own reverse engineering of BDI]
Boulder Dash 2000 (2000)
Fantasy Boulder Dash I (2001)
Zulder Dash (2009)
Power Dash (2012)
Arno
Site Admin

Re: Brutalo Boulder Dash

Post by Arno »

V-12/Tropyx wrote:By the way, Brutalo Boulder Dash was probably created basing on BDIII, because it has exactly the same intermissions.
I'd guess that it's based on the Sijben Soft version of BDIII, since that game has almost the same cave colors. Only in cave B and J, the colors are slightly different between both games.
TLSlayer

Post by TLSlayer »

V-12/Tropyx wrote:I have a question about Brutalo Boulder Dash which keeps me wonder since 19 years!

Level "O" has too short magic wall in my opinon. Anyone knows that it was intentionally, or maybe a bug, maybe caused by a packer? I reached level "P" few years later by using a small trick but still I'm wonder about cave "O".

Any thoughts?

By the way, Brutalo Boulder Dash was probably created basing on BDIII, because it has exactly the same intermissions.

http://csdb.perff.dk/release/?id=18569&show=review
-Any chance of a walk through video? Maybe for YouTube.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

I'm wondering why this game is actually so famous? The cave designs are not that special in my opinion, and the intermissions are unchanged copies from BD3. Perhaps this is one of the oldest fangames? (There is no release date specified...)