Boulderdash CAVes & INTermission ACT files on Atari 8-bi

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

actomo

Boulderdash CAVes & INTermission ACT files on Atari 8-bi

Post by actomo »

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me find some Boulderdash Construction Kit files, namely: ACT01 - ACT42 & BTWO01 - BTWO07.
They are actually my own & my father's creations, but have lost them over the years.
I do know that half of them were transferred to BANDIT B/Dash files, as I was the 1 who done them, but I didn't get to transfer the 2nd half of them.
Please, please, any help much appreciated.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Sorry actomo, I don't have these files in my collection. I see you asked this quetion before, sadly with no reply.
Did you try an Atari forum?
actomo

Post by actomo »

thankyou for replying arno, yes, ive tried a couple of atari forums but I haven't had any luck
VagonX

Post by VagonX »

Hi, I found 54 Bandit Boulderdash levelsets on a8.fandal.cz, which can be downloaded and played with Atari800WinPlus.

I remember playing Bandit BDs from casette tape with my brother when we were boys on original Atari 800XL/XE in Prague in mid 90's.

Shopping Centre 'Kotva' on 'Namesti Republiky' in the centre of Prague used to have IT department on the 5th floor in early 90's, which I have visited several times and there used to be a rack of casettes with various Atari games ( and even one casette, where some popular games were reprogrammed so that that there was no game over)

The casettes had always very similar basic looking cover(just the names of games on each side, not even the information for the tape recorder number.

vagonx@gmx.com

[/u]
actomo

Post by actomo »

Thankyou VagonX for trying to help me, although, the files I am looking for were actual construction kit files of which I didn't convert into bandit boulderdash files, as it was I only transferred a half of my games without realising, if I can get hold of the other GAMe files I would make more bandit boulderdash files out of them.
Thankyou all the same.
actomo

Post by actomo »

Hi, much to my dismay, I have discovered someone (maybe more) have found MY ACT GAMe files & are extracting them separately & putting them in their own GAMes. For instance: the CAVe here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bould ... fgEDpGM%3A

is one of mine, and I recognize a couple more that have been stolen from me, the name is 'firefox', I can only hope that this person reading this will admit they have my files, and as I've said I'll happily pay to retrieve copies of them.
I'm also looking into this further as there may be someone else stealing my caves & intermissions.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

The index page on firefox.ch is rather empty for years now. It's just the frameset missing. You can still access all the old content from the menu file directly: http://firefox.ch/menu.html
It's not updated for Firefox 56, but it's hosted there too and linked here: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53846

And I collected some games of unknown origin which you might check out too: http://www.gratissaugen.de/erbsen/UNKNOWN.ZIP
actomo

Post by actomo »

Hi, many thanks for the links, but I can't get anywhere with them;
The top link doesn't seem to take me to any menu,
the middle link takes to another link, but when I download at that link I can't do anything with the download, and lastly,
the link you posted to take me to some screens of unknown origin doesn't seem to work,
any help much appreciated, thankyou.
actomo

Post by actomo »

Sorry, just to add, the top link does take me to a menu, but I'm still looking into this link to see where I can get...
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Hope this info helps:

In the firefox.ch menu, open the link "Firefox-downloads". Here you can download the Firefox games as ZIP file. Each zip file contains a D64 which you can use with a C64 emulator. If I remember correctly, most of the Firefox disks also contain all the caves separately, so you could check those with the Construction Kit directly.

The link to UNKNOWN.ZIP also opens a ZIP file like above. This one contains 4 D64 files like above, which contain various Boulder Dash games of unknown author.
actomo

Post by actomo »

Hi Arno, I've got to the menu where all the firefox boudlerdash files are & I've downloaded a few, but when I try running them on the c64 emulator I can't access the game. The introduction screen comes on spouting all the text from that moving circle, but fail to be able to access, as I've mentioned, the B/Dash game and screens itself, any help much appreciated, perhaps it's just a particular keypress?
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Which emulator do you use?
Probably, your emulator starts the first file on the disk-image, which in firefox' case is just an Intro with only text and not yet the actual game.

I recommend WinVice. With this emulator it is possible to view the full content of the disk immage (so all files) so you can load&run any file. Firefox' disks usually contain:
- The intro (first file)
- The actual Game e.g. "firefox 56"
- Various versions of the game with special graphics sets
- All caves separately as Construction Kit files.

Perhaps the info here might be helpful too: http://www.boulderdash.nl/infobd.html
Step 3 describes how you can view and start any file on the disk image.
(Just note one translation mistake: "bestanden" means "files" ;))
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Oh and one more thing:

On my website http://www.boulderdash.nl/ you can view maps of all the Firefox games up to no. 55. (See menu item "Maps")
This way you can quickly scan all caves to see which are yours.
The google-link your originally posted also points to a picture hosted on my site, in the end.
actomo

Post by actomo »

Many thanks for all your help, I downloaded the vice c64 emulator & I can now access the boulderdash files. I've also looked through the MAP section of B/Dash games & found unfortuneatly that a few of my CAVes have been duplicated in the FIREFOX GAMe files. There are a few more that seem to be altered slightly. Again, as I said before, if anyone know the whereabouts of my long lost ACT & BTWO Boulderdash GAMe files I would be most appreciative.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Have you asked Firefox himself if he has more of your lost caves? He is still an active member of the Lemon64 forum: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/