Boulder Das 30th Anniversary PC!

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

CWS

Boulder Das 30th Anniversary PC!

Post by CWS »

Never ever thought this will really be reality but I'm glad I was wrong...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... wD9oWybMeI
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

I've been approached by a person from TapStar about Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary who is willing to help with anything in the BD community related to this release.

I am myself not very interested in modern BD versions like this one, but if any of you has any question about this new release, just let me know. :)
CWS

Post by CWS »

The modern BD is nice. It's not the best possible remake but it's a good step in the right direction. If the cave editor is working as expected great new games can be done with it.

What I really like to know would be if a set of caves could be put together to a game which can be played by other players without Steam or any other platform. Just a single game set that could be even given to other players to play offline. I hope this level editor is not restricted to any server or similar. Much like the good old C64/Atari Construction Kit...
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Also the original construction kit had the serious restriction that it didn't produce standalone games.
The fan base was there to change that. And I guess, we can be lucky that FSS didn't take any measures to stop that. They probably would have the right to do so. (They did stop distribution of the original BD and clones which had the original BD caves included, though)

I guess, today with DRM, it is a completely different matter. Probably, most people won't even feel the need to hack it to a standalone game, since people interested in it bought it anyway.
CWS

Post by CWS »

It's not necessary to create stand alone games - a game set compiled of many caves that could be loaded into the main game would be more than enough. Same as GDash does today.

Nevertheless I totally wonder that FSS will release a BD with a cave editor. I hope they will not restrict it in some weird way.
CWS

Post by CWS »

Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary for Mac/PC was just released on Steam!