Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index Boulder Dash Forum
The only Boulder Dash discussion board in English language!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index -> Games: Remakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Top 40 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just seen that Arno has posted a Top 40 playlist of Boulder Dash Caves on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOnKOgHZfQ&list=PLRLsD2VSWwx6rIBd_-wfHGclkwVzekloP

It is well worth having a glass of wine, leaning back in the armchair and watching this amazing succesion of caves. The caves are all from the "Krissz period", so there are no caves created by CLCK, PLCK, gdash or from the original Boulder Dash games. Also there are actually 46 caves Wink. Be prepared to watch some caves twice, either to understand what is going on or to believe what you have just seen.

I personally found the following caves particularly interesting:
"Stop the attack" (by Nesdori), because I remember I had a very similar idea when building Brain Delicacy, but I wasn't technically able to realize it.

And the three "deflection caves":
- "Airdrops" (by Trischi83/Arno):a firefly is used to deflect a diamond
- "Jumping Flies" (Arno): a firefly is deflected across a gap by droping a boulder an instant before, so that the firefly walks across the falling boulder
- "Ultra Jump" (by Trischi83): an explosion is jused to guide a firefly across three air spaces
These were all deflection methods I had never seen before.

So, I had big fun watching these videos; thanks to Arno for making that collection!

Dr Guru
Arno
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 40 Reply with quote

Thanks Andreas for the appreciation! Very Happy

This list is now a top 50! I've just added a few caves, including two caves from your Brain Delicacy (remake) which, to my opinion, deserve a place in this "ultimate hall of fame"! Wink
Perhaps I will add more older caves, but currently I'm going through a very long history! Smile

I assume that you have already seen the caves I'm going to mention, however the following sidenodes are probably interesting for other readers too:

Dr Guru wrote:
"Stop the attack" (by Nesdori), because I remember I had a very similar idea when building Brain Delicacy, but I wasn't technically able to realize it.

Some other caves with "dancing flies" include: "Ultra Horror Cave Plus" (Trischi83), "Firefly Walk With Me" (Nesdori), and "Delta" (Arno). But Nesdori's idea of stopping the firefly attack using dancing butterflies is indeed very original! Smile

Dr Guru wrote:
- "Airdrops" (by Trischi83/Arno):a firefly is used to deflect a diamond

"Diamonds Enigma" (Arno) applies the same trick to a falling boulder.

Dr Guru wrote:
- "Jumping Flies" (Arno): a firefly is deflected across a gap by droping a boulder an instant before, so that the firefly walks across the falling boulder

"Airjumps for Experts" (Trischi83) is an extreme variant of this idea, because some of these deflections occur outside the visible area! Smile

Dr Guru wrote:
- "Ultra Jump" (by Trischi83): an explosion is jused to guide a firefly across three air spaces

"Ultra Horror Lagoon" (trischi83) uses a similar idea to prevent a butterfly touching a voodoo. There also exist caves (outside top 50) in which you have to push a boulder over an explosion puff after killing a firefly.

Other deflection techniques are possible with the light boulder: see caves "Ultra Non-plus Ultra", "Ultra Open Borders", "Ultra Light Boulder" and "Super Pushing" (all by Trischi83).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index -> Games: Remakes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: