Construction Kit Cave 6. "Rescue"

Everything about the old and new Boulder Dash games for C64, Atari, ...

Moderator: Admin

LogicDeLuxe

Construction Kit Cave 6. "Rescue"

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

I completely fail to see the point of this cave. Basically I just grab the diamond and head strait to the exit. I see no challange at all.
Sure I can divert some fireflies with the expanding walls and by pushing the boulder into their path, though I wouldn't gain anything in doing so.
So since I first saw that cave, I wonder what's the point in it?

Well, I admid, I did some silly caves myself. But still, I wonder if anyone had the same thoughts.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

I have the same thoughts. Perhaps the walls and fireflies are added to confuse the player. Or this cave is the beginning of a difficult puzzle (but never finished).

Still a beginning BD player would easily find the way to the exit.
Sendy

Post by Sendy »

It would be better if you had to divert some fireflies and then use them to blast through a few walls to get to the exit.
Watcher Kitty is always watching...
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Maybe they thought it would be to intimidating to try and dodge the looping F-fly by the diamond, so all the walls and stuff are a way to get the rock over there and either kill the F-fly or knock it out of the loop.

But then again, it's really easy to just push the rock all the way across the top and just drop it all the way down. This puzzle would be more successful if there was more empty space / M-walls that you have avoid losing the rock to.
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Start here the firefly go loop see diamond on the left low on steel be carefully with firefly loop when firefly go right of loop, rockford go down to got the diamond go quick right the firefly still loop. I made it go to exit.
so easy.
Boulder Dash Construction Kit
Crazy Light Construction Kit
GDash <> XDC-engine