Natto-cat

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Natto-cat

Post by Arno »

This is a nice (i.m.h.o.) freeware BD remake created by Aaron Maupin. :)

It makes a change to play BD now and then, with some different graphics and sound effects. Especially the splatter effect is very original, and typical of this game.

Moreover, the game supports BDCFF files!!!! :D

A download can be found at the Natto-cat homepage.

RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Hmmmm...

I don't really like this one because the idea of being inside a bunch of food really puts me off...The gameplay is fine, it's just too out there for my liking. :?
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Sendy

Post by Sendy »

Yeah, haha. At first the food theme is kinda funny, but it gets a bit boring and strange.

The splattering appeals to my destructive sense of humour. It's particularly nice when you have a chain reaction - the walls get coated in red and yellow :)

It's also interesting how objects can get crap accumulating on them! Last time I played this I was at the bottom of a fairly empty cave and I saw this creature that I didn't recognize. It was completely red and yellow and wasn't moving (surrounded by food bags). I only realized what it was after I walked into it (I thought maybe it was a random bonus :lol: ).

And that's a true Natto-Cat story.
Watcher Kitty is always watching...
Maupin

Post by Maupin »

Hi, I'm the creator of Natto-Cat. ;)

The game is strange because it was originally a present for my girlfriend, who loves natto and cats, but is allergic to custard and hates green peas. She also loves the same mixture of cuteness and violence that I do.

You can increase the splatter effects by editing the prefs.txt in the game's directory. Some of Arno's explosion levels cause the game to slow to a crawl for two or three seconds while thousands of custard giblet trajectories are calculated... :)

Sendy, there have been many times when I've ran right into a custard or rabbit coated in blood because I thought it was an umeboshi.

I put a lot of effort into the "coating" of objects. For example, when green peas change to cat snacks or umeboshi, they are coated in a similar manner as the peas were. Likewise when objects pass through milling walls.