Rock Fort 1 by Dustin

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Rock Fort 1 by Dustin

Post by Arno »

Good news! Dustin has released his first game: Rock Fort 1. :D

It's hosted it at my site: download link, and the game can be played with Boulder Remake.

[Edit]:
Dustin wrote:P- The Master's Puzzle: I#m really anxious to hear how easy or difficult you find this cave, esp. at lv4-5. I needed a time to work it out.
Very interesting! I love such puzzles like this. :)
On level 5 it's even possible to collect 21 diamonds, 1 more than required. I found the level 4 version the hardest. (There you've to block the way of the spinning fly at the right side. At least I didn't see another solution.)
Last edited by Arno on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Oh! Obviously you've found a mistake there...
In P/5, I meant to demand 21 diamonds, actually. Could you change that? I'd be very thankful!
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Sure! It's a very slight change. :wink: New version is online now.

Another remark: that chasing wall thing (expanding wall horizontally and vertically) is definately a nice feature i.m.o..

Remember the game Nibly? I've played that classic very often! Apparently it's possible to create similar levels in Boulder Dash where you trap yourself by the chasing wall... (although there are some differences, of course). Could be interesting if you pick a high cave speed. :D
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Oh, I'm afraid I don't know that game... :-(

But the chasing HV- Wall idea will be continued in Rock Fort 2- I don't want to tell too much yet, though. Now, have fun with RF1! (I hope you all will)

BTW, would anyone be interested in a continuation of BD1? Levels 6-10?? I'm actually working on such a continuation, since I think that many caves could be made much harder than at lv5, even without adding new elements (I find this idea by RTA Dash great, however!) I just change random seeds, add some "random" boulder here and there in order to harden the task, and change time and DR.
Caves A-H are finished already.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Dustin wrote:BTW, would anyone be interested in a continuation of BD1? Levels 6-10?? I'm actually working on such a continuation, since I think that many caves could be made much harder than at lv5, even without adding new elements (I find this idea by RTA Dash great, however!) I just change random seeds, add some "random" boulder here and there in order to harden the task, and change time and DR.
Caves A-H are finished already.
An excellent idea, definately! :) Do you also change the boulder density? Otherwise I don't see many possibilities to make cave A really difficult... (perhaps only if you shorten the time limit, or hide some diamonds between well placed boulders).
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Well, in most caves I don't want to change the density much; in fact, I did this only in cave D (D/9 has exactly 4 useful boulders). I see cave A as a time cave, as show the cave times of 150/110/70/40/30 in the official five levels. I went on with this idea- my limits(6-9): 25/20/20/15...
Well, I've got some more questions about your opinions... I'll open a new thread under "Games 8-bit".
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Dustin has also released a nice "Story" along with RockFort 1.
It's included in the package - I've updated the download link above.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Very creative, nice job on the story also, Dustin! :D
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I've over-worked both game and story! Having played through the game again, I found some lower-level caves too hard and RTA Dash has inspired me to extend the story a bit. I'll send it to you today, Arno- and thanks again for publishing!
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I think the levels can be interpreted as follows:

lv1- beginner
lv2- average
lv3- advanced
lv4- BD pro
lv 5- expert. This is Rockford's "real" adventure! I must admit that I myself fail mostly in some caves. ( I wouldn't call me an expert, either) I think I#ll work out a lv5- demo, than you can see Rockford's adventure as a movie ;-) But, as I said, that could last a while ;-)
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Dustin wrote:I must admit that I myself fail mostly in some caves.
Sounds familiar here! Actually there is one cave in the ArnoDash series that I've completed by myself only once (up to now)!
Dustin wrote:But, as I said, that could last a while ;-)
Sounds familiar too! :lol:
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

:-)
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Will you tell us which one it is, Arno? ;-)[/code][/quote]