1. What happens immediately after you run out of time?
2. In what direction does a butterfly take the longest to turn in?
3. The title screens for BDI and BDII obviously look different, but something else was changed in BDII. Which one was it?
4. In the original construction kit, what property of the amoeba
cannot be configured?
5. Which one of these elements is supported by the BDI engine?
6. Who designed the caves in BDIII?
7. Check out the picture. In this cave, the slime permeability was set to 1. If Rockford removes the dirt to his right, when will the diamond be most likely to fall through the slime?
8. How many diamonds are required on all 5 levels of BDI, Cave P? (Note: Each answer is written as Lv1, Lv2, Lv3, Lv4, Lv5)
A. 8, 10, 12, 15, 20
B. 12, 15, 15, 15, 12
C. 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
D. 12, 14, 15, 16, 16
E. 12, 14, 15, 15, 12
9. The North American video standard is NTSC, while Europe uses PAL. Which of these elements' timing in relation to the game speed is affected the most?
10. Time for a quick break. If you bomb a hole in a growing wall, does it grow back?
11. Look at the picture. What cave is this?
12. Rockford can actually stand adjacent to a firefly for a fraction of a second without dying. On which two sides of the firefly is this possible?
13. What's the total number of caves with an amoeba throughout BDI-IV, BD IV being Dr. Watson's game? (Intermissions
14. Which one of these movements can Rockford
15. How did Don Pedro
further modify the original graphics-set for his release of Boulder Dash VIII?
16. Back to the hard stuff. In the BDI engine, when you drop a boulder into a magic wall, there is an interesting side effect. What is it? (BDIII does use the BDI engine, by the way)
17. Math time. You start a game of original Boulder Dash on cave A/4. You collect 18 diamonds and make it into the exit with 21 seconds left. What's your score for the cave?
18. Cool-down question. When you open a hidden exit, what happens to it?