Longplay BD1 online

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

Longplay BD1 online

Post by Arno »

My video of BD1 can now be watched online. So downloading the avi is not necessary anymore (though still optional).
Reinhard Klinksiek created the "Game Video Archive" and sorted all video's by year. At the moment, 1982 - 1984 are available. BD2 will probalby appear when 1985 is released. And I'm thinking about creating a video for BD3 as well...

Link
Klaxer

Post by Klaxer »

Great video, Arno! Your BD-level is very high. But through one level (E/1) You can walking more faster (around 8 sec.). :lol:

I show You coming soon. ;)
Last edited by Klaxer on Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klaxer

Post by Klaxer »

P.S.

Walkthrough of third intermission (lots of fireflies) is very smooth but simply also: You can push spacebar (don't release it!) when intermission is loading and waiting when fireflies move down. Try it!! :lol:
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Hi Klaxer, welcome!! :D
Klaxer wrote:You can push spacebar (don't release it!) when intermission is loading and waiting when fireflies move down. Try it!! :lol:
Yes, this works! :shock: Rockford hatches slightly earlier, before the fireflies hit the inbox.

Now I know 3 ways to escape these fireflies on the C64:
- play in NTSC;
- use 2 player mode;
- use the spacebar as Klaxer describes.
Klaxer

Post by Klaxer »

Thanks, Arno - I'm happy to meet You and joined to Your small but cool board.

Actually - fun with pause-mode - it's very old trick working on PAL-version (we have only PAL-machines in our computer club-room). And opened by someone when C-64's monitor switched to off mode by automatic timer (session of game was not free). :lol:

:arrow: Of course Peter Liepa knew about this secret trick. That's not a bug, that's a game feature! Ha-Ha! :lol:
Klaxer

Post by Klaxer »

As I promised - next secret BD trick. Here is fast walktrough (8 sec.) of E-cave in BD1:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z74h4u

Watch & enjoy! :lol:
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Klaxer wrote:As I promised - next secret BD trick. Here is fast walktrough (8 sec.) of E-cave in BD1
Nice solution! :) I also remember, when making the video for cave F, that I considered a solution where you don't release the fireflies at all, but simply walk into each den, and pass the firefly at exactly the right time&place. Such a solution is faster, but, of course, more difficult to execute.
Klaxer

Post by Klaxer »

Arno wrote: I also remember, when making the video for cave F, that I considered a solution where you don't release the fireflies at all, but simply walk into each den, and pass the firefly at exactly the right time&place. Such a solution is faster, but, of course, more difficult to execute.
Player need very good and sensitive joystick for cheating fireflies. Actually my solution was made on standart computer keyboard and very simple because I used one direction movement. More harder escape from fireflies to different directions. Even with joystick. But good knowledge of game and unexpected stone on the way can helps. :lol: :lol: :lol: