re: old b/dash kit GAMe files

Everything about the various Boulder Dash tools, and other stuff created by the fans.

Moderator: Admin

actomo

re: old b/dash kit GAMe files

Post by actomo »

Hiya, back in the 80's I designed a lot of screens for boulderdash on Atari but only managed to transfer half of them to bandit files. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of my files; they're b/dash kit names are ACT01.GAM - ACT47.GAM.
I'm also searching for files BT01.GAM - BT??.GAM, not sure how many of these were done.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Hi actomo, as I've replied before I can't help you with these files.

But as I understood correctly, you are the author of the Bandit Boulder Dash caves? Funny, because these caves are currently played at Krissz his site, and I am struggling with one of these caves: Bandit 14 cave 9. :)

I've recently uploaded a few solution videos from this series on youtube, and some more are in the pipeline:
Bandit 11 Cave 22
Bandit 13 Cave 9
Last edited by Arno on Thu May 28, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
actomo

Post by actomo »

Hi arno, I see you completed one of my caves. I wasn't the creator of the bandit file, I think someone by the name of the burton bandit gets that credit, although I do have several games (that I made) converted to bandit file. There are loads of them, about 20 are mine, in total I think there are about 50odd.
Obviously, if someone had my other GAMe files (ACT01-ACT47), there would be another 20 bandit files made. I'm sure there is someone out there that has these files somewhere. I know someone that was using my files but I don't think he's into giving me a copy of them. By the way, your 1st solution doesn't work.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

actomo wrote:By the way, your 1st solution doesn't work.
OK, I have just fixed the link.
Also, the following link gives you a YT search page where you can find some other Bandit caves and remixes which were (re)created at Krissz' site:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... fan+bandit
actomo

Post by actomo »

Hiya Arno, is that Krissz version of the boulderdash construction kit on Atari?
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

actomo wrote:Hiya Arno, is that Krissz version of the boulderdash construction kit on Atari?
It's an online remake of BD, it's supposed to resemble the C64 version of the PLCK engine, but since this is very close to the Atari version many Atari caves could be recreated at Krissz' site and are solvable. :)