Bouldiesaur

Everything about the modern clones and remakes.

Moderator: Admin

Goran

Bouldiesaur

Post by Goran »

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I played Boulder Dash a lot on my trusty Atari 800XL, and it's still one of my favourite games of all times.
Recently, I tried to make a simple puzzle game similar to Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Robbo, etc... It is made in C, using simple drawing GDI primitives for Windows. It has 25 levels made so far, simple graphics, simple sound effects, maps are similar size to original (20x40). It is a tile based game using no bitmaps at all, the levels are drawn at run time. So, this is my hobby project, game is a shareware.
If you're interested you can download it and try it yourself!
link: https://www.moddb.com/games/bouldiesaur-v-044
Comments are welcome.Thank you in advance.
SheepsTooth

Post by SheepsTooth »

Hi Goran,
I tried your game and it is interesting but I cannot complete the first level. Could you explain what the flashing shapes are where the firefly is to the immediate left? I don't seem to be able to push any boulders because of them. Thanks.
Goran

Post by Goran »

Hi, thank you for downloading and trying it. In short, there are two paths you can go from here: to the left or to up, avoiding the falling boulders and patrolling fireflies.
The flashing tile beside firefly is just a tile, representing a window, and the outside is stormy weather :) That was the idea. You can combine 'space' key with cursors to collect gems and dirt tiles. When you collect enough gems, the exit will open somewhere, and until then it is hidden, so you will have to find it afterwards.
You can use F11 key to zoom out, or F12 key to zoom in, if you find tiles too small or too big. Also, during game, if you press F9 you can switch to slowest speed, F8 is normal, F7 is hard, and F6 is very hard.
There are secret key combination to skip certain levels if you find them too difficult:
Ctrl + F3 during gameplay, skip current level
Ctrl + F2 during gameplay, go to previous level.
and Esc to restart level, if you get stuck .
I hope you will play whole game without skipping levels!
SheepsTooth

Post by SheepsTooth »

Thanks - I will try it again.