Can anyone hex-edit a disk image?

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

Sendy

Can anyone hex-edit a disk image?

Post by Sendy »

Ok, I've compiled a version of SD1 I'm completely happy with, and I've just found a random amoeba in cave 7, which has caused me to scream at the top of my lungs, it wasn't there when I last tested that cave but probably the buggy PLCK put it in just before I saved. I double-checked everything twice!

I'm furious at the thought of having to go through the compilation process for like the 5th time...

I have the uncrunched version and would appreciate it if anyone would be able to just edit out this one damn square of amoeba :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: Sorry, this is in the wrong forum as I was originally in my SD thread and was going to post it there.

Edit2: IT GETS WEIRDER!!!!!! There's also one square of random abmoeba in cave 11. Again eveything was doublechecked thoroughly so I have no idea what's up with this :(
Watcher Kitty is always watching...
Sendy

Post by Sendy »

Ok this must be some kind of disk error, there's an amoeba in exacty the same place every 6 or so caves, even on caves where I wouldn't have been able to selecte amoeba, due to it being a slime cave.

Would this have anything to do with turning off true drive emulation in VICE?
Watcher Kitty is always watching...
cirix

Post by cirix »

Sendy wrote:Would this have anything to do with turning off true drive emulation in VICE?
Maybe... But that setting only affected quickloaders and other very tricky programs. I think the construction kit did not do things like that.

Send me the game, I think I can help.
Or I can "recreate" the .CAV and .INT files from the GDash data files if needed - the version you can see in yesterday's GDash release.
cirix