A second Quiz by RTADash

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

Arno
Site Admin

A second Quiz by RTADash

Post by Arno »

RTADash has created a second Quiz for my website. Like the original Quiz it contains lots of detailed material for the real BD freak!

Thank you very much Rory!!!!!!!!! :D

Go to the site http://www.boulder-dash.nl/ and click "Quiz 2".
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

The following is not exactly a spoiler, but may influence your decisions, thus I put it in color.
Question 9: I agree with the answer, but not with the explanation.
The magic wall shouldn't be underestimated. I wouldn't exactly call it "barely noticeable". There are probably several caves designed on PAL machines with a tight magic wall time limit rendering a cave unsolvable on NTSC machines.

Of course, the most common issue when playing PAL caves on NTSC machines would probably the cave time limit. This wasn't the question, though.

Question 13: The question must state which Boulder Dash IV it is about. Especially, when it apparently is about Dr. Watson's BD4 while the official BD4 comes with the Construction Kit.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Looks like I'll need to have Arno edit a few things. :wink: [spoiler] Those are the types of things I miss when not thinking hard enough (or working quickly) :oops: [/spoiler]
LogicDeluxe wrote:while the official BD4 comes with the Construction Kit.
I knew that this one was considered a BDIV, but I had no clue that this 1-level, 3/4 length, non-self-contained game was the official one... :shocked:
@Arno: Please put a note at the top of the quiz to clarify that questions 11 and 13 refer to BDIV by DR Watson. 8)

As for question 9, I altered the reasoning, included in the spoiler block below. Don't highlight it if you haven't played the quiz, yet!
[spoiler]The timing of the fireflies isn't affected. Although there's a difference in the timing of magic walls between NTSC in PAL, it's not as noticeable as the timing of C: the inbox (before Rockford appears). It is a little longer in PAL, than in NTSC. BDI (and II) were designed in NTSC, and due to this timing difference, one of the BDI intermissions is unsolvable in PAL. [/spoiler]

Thanks for bringing those to my attention, Logic! :D
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.